Every Sorare: MLB card has a level associated with it, based on the number of experience points (XP) it has earned. Each level carries a bonus increase of 0.5% on the card's score in a tournament.
- Limited Cards start at level 0 (+0% bonus)
- Rare Cards start at level 20 (+10% bonus)
- Super Rare Cards start at level 40 (+20% bonus)
- Unique Cards start at level 80 (+40% bonus)
Cards also get a +5% bonus in the current season - so all cards in Sorare: MLB 2023 will receive that bonus. While 2022 cards lose their season bonus with the start of the 2023 season, all the XP your card has accrued through use over the course of 2022 will remain.
Every card that you use in a tournament will earn XP for that Game Week, based on the following formula:
XP = (base xp + player score xp)
base xp = 75
player score xp = the total score of the team that the player card was used in, multiplied by 0.125
For example, if you play Aaron Judge and your team for that week scores 240 points, your Aaron Judge card will earn 105 XP: 75 base, and 30 (240 * 0.125) for how the team performed.
Cards earn XP linearly based on how frequently they are used, but they level up more slowly over time. See the below representative table to understand how your cards gain levels - and bonuses! - based on their XP.
- Level bonus: depends on the XP your card has gained and its scarcity
- New Season Bonus (NSP): 5%
Details regarding bonuses:
- A player card will have the 5% NSB until the next season cards are minted for that player
- If we do not mint cards for that player for their next football season, the player will keep his NSB for the upcoming season; after that season, if we still have not minted new season cards for that player, the 5% bonus expires (basically, you get one additional season of NSB before it expires)
- Likewise, if the player moves to a team that isn’t one of our partners, all cards for that player will keep their 5% bonus for the upcoming season, and then it will expire with the start of the next season
- Bonuses are locked when lineups are submitted; for example, in a single Game Week, the following scenario is possible:
- Sorare Manager A submits and confirms a lineup with Player X who has 5% NSB
- Before the start of the Game Week, new season cards are launched for Player X and that player's existing cards lose their 5% bonus
- Sorare Manager A would still receive 5% NSB for Player X for that Game Week because his lineup was submitted and confirmed before the launch of new cards for Player X
- Sorare Manager B submits and confirms a lineup with Player X (from the previous season) but not until after the launch of the new season's cards for Player X
- Sorare Manager B would not receive 5% NSB for Player X
Please sign in to leave a comment.