What is phishing?
Phishing is one of the most wide-spread and common cyber attack techniques. A phishing attack happens when a bad actor poses as a reputable entity or business in order to deceive users and collect their personal data and information.
Most phishing attacks can be seen in:
1) Emails: specially designed outreach to convince the user to visit a fraudulent website. Phishing emails are normally requesting the user to reset his password leading to a fake website that looks very similar to the original one. However, the website is fake and when a user signs in, they provide credentials to the bad actor.
2) Phone calls: designed to manipulate users into giving personal data such as login credentials to steal account information over a phone conversation.
3) Ads: Phishing scammers will purchase advertisements to redirect users/traffic to a fake Sorare website and will steal all credentials when users input their information into the fake Sorare website.
How to protect yourself from phishing:
Before we go any deeper, the key thing to know is that Sorare never sends text messages or emails asking for security information. If you get a text message like this, chances are it’s a scam, even if it looks like it's from us.
These fraudsters are professionals, and their emails and text messages can be very convincing. So, we’ll explain how to spot these fake messages, and what to do if you’re unsure.
- Always check login URLs: Make sure you always log in through the official https://sorare.com website on an up-to-date browser. Always remember to check the link details before clicking on it.
- Verify senders: Be skeptical of any communication that contains a link asking for personal information. They are sophisticated so please always verify the sender of the email.
Finally, do enable 2 factor authentication - if you haven't already done it, it allows you to have a much more secure account.
If you have any doubts or questions, do not hesitate to contact us via our Help Center, available here.