Sorare recommends using a long, complex password that is unique to your Sorare account and two-factor authentication (2FA) to better protect your account. 2FA is an extra level of security used to make sure that people trying to log-in and access your account are who they say they are. 2FA secures your logins from attackers. With 2FA enabled, even if somebody guesses your password, they won't be able to access your account.
To log into Sorare using 2FA, you will need your Sorare password and a 2FA code provided by a third-party authenticator application - e.g. Google Authenticator (iOS, Android) but there are also other 2FA authenticators available.
To enable 2FA:
- Download an authenticator app
- Link your Sorare account
- To link your Sorare account, go to Settings and click on Security
- You will see a QR code ('Scan this barcode with your app')
- Open your authenticator app and add a new account (for Google Authenticator, click on the "+" symbol at the bottom-right of the app)
- Scan the Sorare QR code with your authenticator app
- Sorare will be added to your authenticator app and you'll see a six-digit (6) code
- Enter these six (6) digits under the QR card on Sorare
After enabling 2FA, you will see a series of recovery codes that allow you to log in if you ever have a problem with your phone or lose your phone. These are unique, one-time codes. Keep them somewhere safe. If you ever have a problem with 2FA or want to deactivate it, please submit a ticket.