When entered into Sorare competitions, Sorare cards accumulate experience points (XP) that help level up the card. Cards played in the Academy Competition earn 2x the XP and cards entered in the other competitions earn XP as normal.
All scarcities of Sorare Football cards start on level 0 and have the ability to go up to level 20. The card's scoring bonus increases by 0.5% with each level gained.
The first table below shows how much XP is currently required for each level. To improve our gameplay balance - starting from September - we will make a change to that (please see the second table). The final-level XP requirement remains the same (24,500 points) but in the new system, XP will simply accumulate more slowly in the initial months and will increase more quickly after a few months. We will share the exact date that the new formula goes live in the coming weeks.
Current XP required per level:
New Level system starting from September:
Card transfers and XP impact: When a card is traded or sold on the secondary market, the XP accumulated on the card will halve by 50%, which will impact the card level:
In the above example:
- Hans Vanaken Rare has a bonus of 8% because the card is level 16/20
- Saul Super Rare has a bonus of 26% because the card is level 52/60
- Nabil Fekir Unique has a bonus 46% because the card is level 92/100
XP formula: (base xp + team minutes played xp + player score xp)
- base_xp = 75
- team_minutes_played_xp = (75 * average_minutes_played_by_the_team) / 90
- player_score_xp = team_score * 0.125
- Captain: 0%, 20%, 50% (For every team you submit, you will need to select a captain and based on the competition, Captains may receive a different bonus)
- Level bonus: depends on the XP your card has gained and its scarcity
- New Season Bonus (NSP): 5%
- Collection Bonus: depends on your Collection Game score - will apply in competitions where XP is scored
- Based on card scarcity there is also an opportunity for scarcity bonuses in certain competitions, this will be outlined prior to entry.
Please note that for the following competitions the above bonuses do not apply: Semi-Pro & Kickoff
Details regarding bonuses:
- A player card will have the 5% NSB until the next season cards are minted for that player
- If we do not mint cards for that player for their next football season, the player will keep his NSB for the upcoming season; after that season, if we still have not minted new season cards for that player, the 5% bonus expires (basically, you get one additional season of NSB before it expires)
- Likewise, if the player moves to a team that isn’t one of our partners, all cards for that player will keep their 5% bonus for the upcoming season, and then it will expire with the start of the next season
- Bonuses are locked when lineups are submitted; for example, in a single Game Week, the following scenario is possible:
- Sorare Manager A submits and confirms a lineup with Player X who has 5% NSB
- Before the start of the Game Week, new season cards are launched for Player X and that player's existing cards lose their 5% bonus
- Sorare Manager A would still receive 5% NSB for Player X for that Game Week because his lineup was submitted and confirmed before the launch of new cards for Player X
- Sorare Manager B submits and confirms a lineup with Player X (from the previous season) but not until after the launch of the new season's cards for Player X
- Sorare Manager B would not receive 5% NSB for Player X