When entered into Sorare competitions, Sorare cards accumulate experience points (XP) that help level up the card. Different card scarcities start at different levels, and Sorare: Football cards can level up to a maximum of 20 levels. The card's scoring bonus increases by 0.5% with each level gained.
- Limited: starts at level 0 with a maximum level of 20 (a level bonus from 0% to 10%)
- Rare: starts at level 0 with a maximum level of 20 (a level bonus from 0% to 10%)
- Super Rare: starts at level 40 with a maximum level of 60 (a level bonus from 20% to 30%)
- Unique: starts at level 80 with a maximum level of 100 (a level bonus from 40% to 50%)
The progression is faster at the beginning and over time will slow down. XP and level progression is designed so that if you regularly use a card it should increase by 10 levels within the first season. It will then take two more seasons of regular us to gain an additional 10 levels.
Card transfers and XP impact: When a card is traded or sold on the secondary market, the XP accumulated on the card will halve by 50%, which will impact the card level.
See the screenshots below for examples, and scroll to the bottom for our XP formula.
In the above example:
- Hans Vanaken Rare has a bonus of 8% because the card is level 16/20
- Saul Super Rare has a bonus of 26% because the card is level 52/60
- Nabil Fekir Unique has a bonus 46% because the card is level 92/100
XP formula: (base xp + team minutes played xp + player score xp)
- base_xp = 75
- team_minutes_played_xp = (75 * average_minutes_played_by_the_team) / 90
- player_score_xp = team_score * 0.125
- Captain: 0%, 20%, 50% (For every team you submit, you will need to select a captain and based on the competition, Captains may receive a different bonus)
- Level bonus: depends on the XP your card has gained and its scarcity
- New Season Bonus (NSP): 5%
Details regarding bonuses:
- A player card will have the 5% NSB until the next season cards are minted for that player
- If we do not mint cards for that player for their next football season, the player will keep his NSB for the upcoming season; after that season, if we still have not minted new season cards for that player, the 5% bonus expires (basically, you get one additional season of NSB before it expires)
- Likewise, if the player moves to a team that isn’t one of our partners, all cards for that player will keep their 5% bonus for the upcoming season, and then it will expire with the start of the next season
- Bonuses are locked when lineups are submitted; for example, in a single Game Week, the following scenario is possible:
- Sorare Manager A submits and confirms a lineup with Player X who has 5% NSB
- Before the start of the Game Week, new season cards are launched for Player X and that player's existing cards lose their 5% bonus
- Sorare Manager A would still receive 5% NSB for Player X for that Game Week because his lineup was submitted and confirmed before the launch of new cards for Player X
- Sorare Manager B submits and confirms a lineup with Player X (from the previous season) but not until after the launch of the new season's cards for Player X
- Sorare Manager B would not receive 5% NSB for Player X
Article is closed for comments.