Every Sorare Football card has a level associated with it, based on the number of experience points (XP) it has earned. All scarcities of Sorare Football cards start on level 0 and can go up to level 20. The card scoring bonus increases by 0.5% with each level gained.
Cards earn XP linearly based on how frequently they are used, but they level up more slowly over time. See the below representative table to understand how your cards gain levels - and bonuses! - based on their XP.
XP required per level before GW 419:
New Level system starting from GW 419:
Every card that you use in a competition will earn XP for that Game Week, based on the following formula:
XP = (base xp + team minutes played xp + player score xp)
- base_xp = 75
- team_minutes_played_xp = (75 * average_minutes_played_by_the_team) / 90
- player_score_xp = team_score * 0.125
Cards played in the Academy Competition earn 2x the XP and cards entered in the other competitions earn XP as normal.
Card transfers and XP impact:
When a card is traded or sold on the secondary market, the XP accumulated on the card will halve by 50%, which will impact the card level
- Captain: 0%, 20%, 50% (For every team you submit, you will need to select a captain and based on the competition, Captains may receive a different bonus)
- Level bonus: depends on the XP your card has gained and its scarcity
- New Season Bonus (NSP): 5%
- Collection Bonus: depends on your Collection Game score - will apply in competitions where XP is scored
- Based on card scarcity there is also an opportunity for scarcity bonuses in certain competitions, this will be outlined prior to entry.
Please note that the above bonuses do not apply to the Kickoff & the league-specific Kickoff competitions.
Details regarding bonuses:
- A player card will have the 5% NSB until the next season cards are minted for that player
- If we do not mint cards for that player for their next football season, the player will keep his NSB for the upcoming season; after that season, if we still have not minted new season cards for that player, the 5% bonus expires (basically, you get one additional season of NSB before it expires)
- Likewise, if the player moves to a team that isn’t one of our partners, all cards for that player will keep their 5% bonus for the upcoming season, and then it will expire with the start of the next season
- Bonuses are locked when lineups are submitted; for example, in a single Game Week, the following scenario is possible:
- Sorare Manager A submits and confirms a lineup with Player X who has 5% NSB
- Before the start of the Game Week, new season cards are launched for Player X and that player's existing cards lose their 5% bonus
- Sorare Manager A would still receive 5% NSB for Player X for that Game Week because his lineup was submitted and confirmed before the launch of new cards for Player X
- Sorare Manager B submits and confirms a lineup with Player X (from the previous season) but not until after the launch of the new season's cards for Player X
- Sorare Manager B would not receive 5% NSB for Player X